new years eve 2014

This was one of those years where designers got every detail right with dresses, shoes, accessories, and everything that can make an outfit fabulous for the holiday season.  If I had a new years eve party to go to, this is what I would wear to celebrate.

I'm a fan of dresses that have sleeves.  Most cocktail dresses are sleeveless or even strapless.  I'm liking this Adrianna Papell beaded dress for the coverage it gives, yet the nude lining and strategic geometric design of the beads give the body just enough flattering shape.


Beaded Mesh Sheath Dress
(via)
 
 
I'm in love with these striped heels by Guilhermina.  The sheen with gold stripes and the shape is classy.  These can be worn with pants or a dress and make either outfit look classy.  Sadly they're no longer available in my size. :(
 
(via)

 
Let's not forget about accessories. 

The simplicity and round shape of this Ted Baker clutch with chain along with the gold tassel detail would be perfect to carry around the essential party touchups and there's enough space for your phone too.

Rounded Tassel Clutch
(via)

Or for more bling and flash, this Natasha Couture fully iced out Minaudiere could add that statement any girl would love.

'Ice Crystal' Minaudiere
(via)

These earrings echo the dress' geometric design and ties the gold stripes of the shoe with the rest of the outfit.



'Lena' Drop Earrings
(via)

This year, we'll be staying in and I'll be in comfy pjs and conversing with my two year old while she continues practicing speaking real words to us all.  Maybe I'll share some sparkling grape juice with the hubby and we'll celebrate the exciting new year ahead by adding more memories to our memory jar.  The year ahead will come with many challenges as we transition into a simpler lifestyle but this transition is much needed and I hope that the future is as bright and fulfilling as what we dream of. 

Happy New Year everyone!  

Labels: ,